Hello all, I'm looking to create a loan calc

Hello all,

I’m looking to create a loan calculator app that collects user data and, also, pulls data from a Google sheet in the same workbook coming from a particular cell based upon the user’s entry.

How might I accomplish this task with AppSheet?

0 7 1,866
7 REPLIES 7

Yes you can read values from another tab from the same spreadsheet or either using different spreadsheet in the same app. Without knowing your structure, you should create relationships between the user’s entry and the existing data.

Good place to start is this document… help.appsheet.com - Data: The Essentials Data: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

And this sample appsheet.com - Quote Calculator - An app for a contractor to calculate payment owed based on services rendered. Quote Calculator - An app for a contractor to calculate payment owed based on services rendered. appsheet.com

Thank you for the replies. Say, for instance, I have a field in my app call amortization term and another field called Products. If the user chose 5 yr on amortization and 5 yr on products, I would like the rate field to auto populate 3.15%. Is that possible?

Your table structure should be constructed in a different way. You would need 4 columns… ID, Prod, Year, Percent. Values in those columns could be like… ID01 > 1 YEAR FIXED > 1YR > 2.95 ID02 > 1 YEAR FIXED > 2YR > 2.95 … ID10 > 1 YEAR FIXED > 30YR > 2.95 ID11 > 2 YEAR FIXED > 1YR > 3.00 …

When the structure is like above, you can call that percent with a formula like ANY(SELECT(TableName[Percent],AND([Prod]=[_THISROW].[Products],[Year]=[_THISROW].[Amortization])))

That sounds like a good idea, Aleksi. Thank you for sharing that with me, I really appreciate it.

Would I be able to link these cells from this table to a different table in the same workbook through google sheets and just update one spot and the other worksheet get updated automatically?

If you want that the update should happen automatically, you would need to do that with the virtual column. If you read the value from this “Percent” table in a normal column (using app formula), it will update the value only when you open/save the record.

That’s an interesting idea for an app… I think a lot of people have difficulties when taking a loan and this app will be useful for customers and for the companies as well. I was wondering if it is done and which are the features of the app. I would really like to try it because I want to take a loan and I already applied for it on https://credit-10.com/dk/der-login/, so, I think such a loan calculator will be very helpful to establish the interest rate, the paying off period and stuff like that. Anyway, that’s a nice app idea and good luck to you with that.

Top Labels in this Space