Hello appsheet community Do I have any way o...

Hello appsheet community

Do I have any way of checking the value of a field in the spreadsheet instead of the form? Specifically, I need an “Editable if” condition to not allow editing the field once the “change time stamp” has been set but after saving the form, not while it is being edited. But if it is edited again. How can I do?

0 4 322
4 REPLIES 4

Harry2

@Alfredo_Pou I assume that the change timestamp column will only be set after the form has been submitted. This means that it should be blank when the form is being filled out for the first time. Based on, you can simply check if the change timestamp column is blank in the Editable_If condition:

ISBLANK([change timestamp])

So the question would be: how do I make the change timestamp set after sending the form? In my case it is fixed at the moment of selecting an item from an enum, and at that moment the other fields are no longer editable.

Harry2

@Alfredo_Pou Hi Alfred, I’m a bit confused. Perhaps I’m not understanding the question correctly. Could you specify step-by-step when the app user is allowed or not allowed to edit certain fields in a row?

For example:

1/ When the row is being created: which field is editable or not editable?

2/ When the row is being edited: which field is editable or not editable?

It is not when creating or editing the row. The row is created by another appsheet app 1. When creating the row, 5 fields are editable. 2. States are then fulfilled, which are determined by a change timestamp defined by the change in a column. And according to the state some fields become uneditable and others that were not editable or visible become visible.

The row is created when you load a sale. The creation date is saved there. When the delivery is made, data is entered, which means that the delivery date is saved. From then on, these fields (and the previous ones) are no longer editable and fields corresponding to the guarantee and return of the product become visible and editable. The problem is that these changes must occur after saving the form, that is to say in the next edition, and they happen while the form is being edited. By changing the field that triggers the change timestamp, the date is immediately displayed and the delivery fields are no longer editable, while more data is being completed. The idea is to complete all the data and after saving, if it is edited again, it is not editable and if the others are. I do not know if I knew how to explain.

Top Labels in this Space