Hello Appsheet community I created a Workflo...

Hello Appsheet community

I created a Workflow rule, to send an email with the data of a daughter table. The problem I have is that when updating the mother table, it checks the workflow rule and sends the mail, and then updates the daughter table, with which it goes empty, (if it is the first edition, or shows previous data if it is a modification . How do I do to check the rule after updating everything?

0 3 323
3 REPLIES 3

Check this article and the section called "Sending Email After Adding a Parent Record and All of Its Children ".

help.appsheet.com - Workflow Workflow help.appsheet.com

@Aleksi_Alkio I read the article and from what I understand I should add a column that verifies that the data was already updated, but, since the workflow rule is executed before the data is available, that only makes it false and does not run. As a consequence, it occurred to me to change the focus of the problem and instead of assigning the mother table to the workflow, I assigned it directly to the daughter table, assuming that in that way the workflow would only be executed after updating that table (which is the one that it has the data that interests me), and I was surprised that it was executed again before the table was updated. That is, after updating the mother table, but before the daughter. Why does this happen?

Can a delay be applied for the workflow rule to be executed a few minutes later?

Or is it that I did not understand the article?

I created a small sample app how it can be done. Please check the app โ€œParent Workflowโ€ from here appsheet.com - - portfolio of mobile apps created with AppSheet - portfolio of mobile apps created with AppSheet appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space