Hello Appsheet Community! I have a problem. I...

Hello Appsheet Community! I have a problem. I need a View to show according to a condition. In the “Show If” Expressions editor of the view, no expressions appear to me, and handwriting the column of type Yes / No that is a virtual column of the view table, tells me that the column is not found. What conditions can be used to show or not a view? There is some difference in the syntax. I do not understand what my mistake is. Thanks for your help!

Sorry! By mistake I deleted the publication.

The first attempt is shown in the first image. As it did not work, create a virtual column of type “Yes / No” with the same expression, and verify that it worked in the view. I put the virtual column in the “Show If” and did not find the column either. Something that struck me is that you can not see the table with the valid expressions and that when the expression is incomplete it indicates that it is okay.

0 8 468
8 REPLIES 8

Confirm that your view is attached to the desired table or slice.

+Steve Coile Yes, in fact the virtual column is seen in that view!

+Steve Coile

[Show Remito] is the virtual column returned Y or N.

I believe it’s difficult to find the reason without seeing your app. If you give the account ID number and app/table name where this expression could be find, I can check the reason.

Yes, of course

Account ID: 335257 App: Stock Orig View: Remitos Table: Ingreso Slice

The “Remitos” View should only be shown when the service type is equal to “Stock”, this depends on the user, according to the “Puntos” table.

[Ref al Punto]. [Tipo de Servicio] = “Stock” Or: [Show Remitos] which is a virtual column of type Yes / No that contains the same expression.

You should read the status directly from the Puntos table… like LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),“Puntos”,“Email Id”,“Tipo de servicio”)=“Stock” and then it should work.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you very much Aleksi, it worked perfect. What I would like to know is why it does not work in the other way, in order to understand it and solve these difficulties myself.

Top Labels in this Space