Hello AppSheet Community! I need to create a...

Hello AppSheet Community!

I need to create a many-to-many relationship for a beehive harvesting app. Basically, every hive can be harvested multiple times (each hive has many harvests), but every harvest has many hives. While constructing an ERD, you will add another table like HarvestHive to deal with the many-to-many relationship (See example ERD below). Any idea how to capture this logic in AppSheet?

0 5 429
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Maryn_van_der_Laarse, Based on my understanding of your requirement, you may wish to take a look at the sample app โ€œOrder Captureโ€ mentioned below.

In that app,the table โ€œOrder Detailsโ€ is kind of bridge table (HarvestHive equivalent)

and Products and Orders are other tables. Each Product can have many Orders and each Order can have many products. Order Details table references both Products and Orders table.

appsheet.com - Order Capture - An app for managing customers, products, and orders. Order Capture - An app for managing customers, products, and orders. appsheet.com

You may wish to go through the below article as well.

help.appsheet.com - References Between Tables References Between Tables help.appsheet.com

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar, thank you so much for the quick response. This solves my problem. Loving AppSheet so far!

Hi @Maryn_van_der_Laarse, Thank you for the update. Good to know the references were useful to you.

Hi Suvrutt_Gurjar,

I kind of did something like a Class Attendance based on this Order Capture. I have a [ClassID] with SubjectCode, Date, Day, time etc. A class has a [teacher_name] and many students. So I have a Student_Details just like Order_Details and added the studentโ€™s Name one by one. The [student_name] is from Student Table. Any idea how not to duplicate the [student_name] from the Student_Details table?

And with all the studentโ€™s name added in, how can I capture the attendance everyday?
Iโ€™m thinking the scenario could be a ID, date and select student_name one by one, which is not very efficient. Next I thought of having a scanner to scan the barcode of the studentโ€™s ID, that once they come to the Class, I can scan the ID and auto record his presence every time.

Seek your valuable advise and approach for this. Thank you very much.

Top Labels in this Space