Hello Appsheet team, could you help me please...

sergio_f
Participant IV

Hello Appsheet team, could you help me please? I should create an App taking data from external database. There is a huge amount of data and developers told me there is API to use to import data. Is there possibility to invoke external api to view only some data? In other words, is it possible to call for data for one specific view the user is visualizing at that moment? I was told this scenario can simply manage lots of data and sync. Is it possible to set this behavior by some actions or third services? Thanks

0 2 320
2 REPLIES 2

@sergio_f Yes itโ€™s possibe. You should create standalone Google Apps Script, publish it as a webapp and use its enpoint URL in a webhook worklow. The script will call that API, retrieve the values you choose/set and record it to your appโ€™s gSheet backend.

@Levent_KULACOGLU that is one possible mechanism.

Anytime there is data in some existing system and an app has to get built against it, there are two options:

a) export the data to a store that AppSheet can directly connect to (eg: a database, a spreadsheet, etc) and then the app works against this exported data. The data must be periodically re-imported back to the system of records, or

b) connect directly to the system from AppSheet โ€” if there is a connector implemented โ€” we connect to about 15 different systems right now.

Option (b) is preferable if we have the connector. But if option (a) is chosen, there are different ways to achieve it. Using Google Sheets + AppsScript is one of them. Many systems have their own export/import mechanisms as well.

Top Labels in this Space