Hello Appsheet team. It seems we are so clos...

Hello Appsheet team.

It seems we are so close to being able to have automated row creation between tables. I can only hope there is something coming soon. Unless there is already something available that I donโ€™t know about?

He is how I was hoping to do it using existing features: Monitoring a table change using a workflow rule, then trigger and action that creates a new row in another table.

The only problems with this approach are: A) Workflow rules can only trigger actions on the same table they are looking at B) Actions to โ€œAdd a new rowโ€ are interactive and require the user to explicitly commit the change. Whereas I am looking for this to happen transparently.

So it would seem that until these two limitations are resolved we will not be able to have this? Or is there a better way?

1 3 301
3 REPLIES 3

@Christian_Farley2

I am working on a new AppSheet REST API that will allow you to:

1. Add a new record. 2. Update an existing record. 3. Delete an existing record. 4. Invoke a server โ€œActionโ€

I am integrating the new REST API into Zapier. This will allow you to create a โ€œZapโ€ that invokes the REST API as a Zapier โ€œActionโ€.

The AppSheet REST API will be available for use directly from any other tool that can invoke a REST API.

We are doing the integration with Zapier because that will allow non-programmers to make use of the REST API relatively simply.

The beta release of this feature is a few weeks away.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh this is awesome. So then weโ€™ll be able to add a record to completion programmatically

Niceโ€ฆ canโ€™t wait

Top Labels in this Space