Hello AppSheet Users, I was wondering if it ...

Hello AppSheet Users,

I was wondering if it was possible to automatically merge rows based on the columns. I have an app which is based on test results. Each row has 5 columns, these are:

1. Student Name (Name of the student) 2. Test Paper (Name of the test that the student has taken) 3. Test 1 (Test result that the student got for the first test, i.e 80%) 4. Test 2 (Test result that the student got for the second test) 5. Test 3 (Test result that the student got for the third test)

Now letโ€™s say I make an entry for a student who completed test 1. Then a week later I make a separate entry for the same student and the same test, but this time for test 2. Is it possible for that entry to automatically assign itself to the first entry based on the fact that both the student name and test paper are the same?

For example, the first entry could be: Student Name: John Smith Test Paper: Maths Grade 2 Test 1: 70% Test 2: (blank) Test 3: (blank)

So that when I make a separate entry such as: Student Name: John Smith Test Paper: Maths Grade 2 Test 1: (blank) Test 2: 82% Test 3: (blank)

The two rows automatically merge together because both the student name and the test paper name are the same. Would this be achievable in AppSheet? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

0 1 307
1 REPLY 1

Have you thought to create this with related table structure. The student would be the parent record. Test name and result would be the child table. Then you can save the test as many times as you want. The best result you can then show on the parent record with virtual column and overwriting is not needed.

Top Labels in this Space