Hello community, I am trying to send automate...

Hello community, I am trying to send automated reports based on a google doc template which contains a table. I want to highlight particular cells as red based on its value. Is there any way do so in the template?

If i create an IF << >> expression within an IF << >> , the if condition doesnโ€™t work ( I am assuming its due to my inclusion of << >> symbols โ€ฆ Is there a specific syntax to do so ? )

0 11 427
11 REPLIES 11

Please show us the syntax what you have tried, thanks.

My initial thinking was that i could put an if condition and if my condition is not satisfied, i could ask it to return text highlighted in red. I do not know if that concept will work or not โ€ฆ But if i use an expression like follows

Expression :

<<IF((5>3),<<IF((5<3),โ€3โ€,โ€5โ€)>>,โ€3โ€)>>

I get the output as follows :

Output :

3),>,โ€3โ€)>>

I am unable to add images here โ€ฆ Iโ€™ll create a new post with the images

In case there is a way to achieve conditional formatting inside a table created in google docs ( not google sheets ), that would serve my purpose.

If you add two individual space holder with the IFS expression, you are be able to do that. On that template, highlight the first space holder with red and it will work. If the value is more than 5, it will only show the first space holder and vice versa.

<<IFS([Column]>5,[Column])>><<IFS([Column]<=5,[Column])>>

Thanks! I think this should serve this purpose. Will check and let you know how it goes. On a related note, is there a dedicated place where i can study more about creating these templates? I am not able to find a comprehensive resource page for the same.

Wellโ€ฆ if I would able to share my brains to you, I would glad to do that In the other hand, you just need to think because we canโ€™t make documents for all cases. We are trying to do our best, but the loop is endless.

@Aleksi_Alkio

Is there way that I can use this as a filter? Say i use the condition for all cells of the row

<<IFS([Column]>5,[data to be shown])>>

If the column value is >5 , the data will be shown otherwise the cell will be empty right? Is there a way i can use this in all cells of the row like a show_if constraint?

P.S : Have deleted the previous edit.

Unfortunately you need to do it cell by cell.

@Aleksi_Alkio

I can do that โ€ฆ But is there a way to make template to hide that particular row if all cells of that row are empty?

EDIT :

My current situation is this. I have an audit sheet which will be a โ€œsetโ€ of

( 1 yes/no question , more details , an image ) repeated for each work area.

So each row will have a bunch of columns which are YES / NO type and other columns for other details, photos etc.,

In my email report , I want to send an email for each new row in my appsheet form.

My report will have a table where I will show the results of each โ€œsetโ€ as a row.

I know how to do this in the google doc template. Just put in all column names in corresponding cell and bam! But i donโ€™t want to show all โ€œSetsโ€ in the same manner.

I want to only highlight those โ€œsetsโ€ for which the answer is NO.

I can do this in 2 ways :

1. Make the corresponding rows in my table highlighted in a nice blood red color to draw attention. 2. Show only the โ€œSetsโ€ for which the answer is NO.

Is there any way to do these types of displays in my report table?

Do you have a sample? No need to be exactly but close enough.

Top Labels in this Space