Hello Community, This question is about work...

VICTOR_VERA
Participant III

Hello Community,

This question is about workflows:

I am trying to set up a work flow using a template from google docs so that the user gets a PDF as a receipt.

The user has o done a material take off or detailing(MTO).

As of now I have a template in google docs and a label for every possible item on an MTO so that when the workflow is triggered a PDF is sent to the users email with an ORDER FORM and all possible items listed but only the ones that where ordered show value.

Is there a way I can get a template with just the items ordered and not all the items . . . like an expression on the google doc or appsheet??

In the picture I highlighted an example of items that will always show even if the value is 0.

If this question is not understood please reach out for clarification. Thank you for all your help.

0 4 323
4 REPLIES 4

Is your Item Description coming from your app?

My Workflow Invoice PDF doesnโ€™t show any of my charges that are left blank.

Maybe you can make sure the unneeded cels remain blank and see if that makes them not show up.

Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll get a better answer from an expert here in a few minutes.

Post a copy of what your Template looks like.

VICTOR_VERA
Participant III

@Stephen_Mattison how is your pdf formated???

@VICTOR_VERA

This is how my Google Doc Invoice Template is formatted.

I did most data in grey, to save my Clients ink when/if they print it out.

Only the Charges that I have chosen while filling out the Invoice are displayed in the delivered email or PDF, and it resizes the Charges table/box accordingly. Iโ€™m thinking your issue has more to do with keeping your unused cells blank.

Iโ€™m guessing if there is any data in your cells, even โ€œ0โ€ they will be displayed.

Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™s a fancy formula way to get them to not display, but keeping them blank might do the trick a littler easier.

Iโ€™m not the expert, though. If you post what your Template Doc looks like someone might be able to quickly see how to help get yours set up correctly/better.

Top Labels in this Space