Hello everybody! I have a question regarding...

Hello everybody!

I have a question regarding mapping and locations.

In our app, we have a list of client’s and their addresses.

On my employee’s timesheet form in the app, I have made it so that when the employee opens a new form, their own name automatically populated the “Employee Name” field, using the initial value field, etc.

I had an idea that it would be cool is app sheet could do a similar thing for the “Client Name” field.

Would there be some way for Appsheet to take the longitude/latitute (ie. “HERE()”) of the employee’s location (assuming they are standing in the driveway of the client’s house), and then automatically fill in the client’s name whose address is closest to that location?

Maybe I’m dreaming here…but I can dream, can’t I?

0 3 295
3 REPLIES 3

You can’t do that with address, but if you could have LatLong field for the client, that could be possible.

tony1

@Miranda_Lubarsky Here’s a demo: appsheet.com - Initialize to Nearest Location - Initialize a form with values from nearest location Initialize to Nearest Location - Initialize a form with values from nearest location appsheet.com

tony1

@Miranda_Lubarsky You’ll need the employee location to be expressed in terms of lat/long, not an address.

Top Labels in this Space