Hello everybody, in my sheet I have some colu...

Hello everybody, in my sheet I have some columns that are named with a date but the data below is TEXT. I.E:

A1 = 1/1/18 (column name) A2 = P A3 = P

Where P means PRESENT.

The issue is that in the App that colum name comes as a number that has nothing to do with that date so I cannot use it. Have you any idea why, and how to fix? Thank you

0 2 304
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Rendall_Narciso,

You may wish to format the header cell โ€œA1โ€ that has column name as โ€œPlain Textโ€ type in back end spreadsheet.

The brief testing showed that formatting column header to โ€œPlain textโ€ retains the column name as"1/1/18"and one can use columns with such date like header names in expressions.

However community colleagues may have more guidance /experience to share on naming column headers with such a โ€œdate likeโ€ names and using them further in expressions etc.

Right. This is a wierd edge case. Google Sheets (and Excel) try to guess at column value types. When they see a date, they store it internally as a number (43350 is that date represented as the number of days from 1970 or something like that). We expect column names to be text. So @Suvrutt_Gurjar has the right suggestion to fix it.

Top Labels in this Space