Hello everyone :), I have an app dedicated t...

Hello everyone :),

I have an app dedicated to manage transport. The app is dedicated to Packing list creations and transport following.

There is 2 tables:

1 -

TableA = list of packing lists (title of the packing with date of departure and status “preparation” “sent” “delivered”) 2 - TableB = packing details (detail of the parcels in each packing)

Problem 1: I need to update the status of TableB in function of TableA (When I change the status in TableA I need to update multiple rows in TableB). I managed it by using Virtual column but I would rather update the “real” data because I need to use it in another API.

Do you have a solution for this?

Problem 2:

When the people are making the packing, they will enter multiple identical parcels. I created an action to duplicate but the problem is that it is time consuming to duplicate 100 times each parcel.

Basically, what I need is for exemple: within the form for TableB, an entry with “parcels N° from” then “parcels N° to” (ex from 5 to 9) and create a number of rows identical in each point except the CTN number (here five identical rows with number 5, 6, 7, 8, 9) I saw in the forum that it is possible with a script. Do you mean here that I have to make an onEdit Google script to update directly the data? Do you have any other Idea?

Thanks a lot

0 11 531
11 REPLIES 11

#1 - You can use either Webhook & API call or you can use Data Change Workflow help.appsheet.com - Changing Data from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report Changing Data from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report help.appsheet.com

#2 - I’m not sure if I understand this example correctly or not. When they are packing parcels, instead of adding new records for every parcels, you would like to read all CTN numbers in one record and then it would create all these records automatically?

@Aleksi_Alkio The only benefit would be saving time for the team in charge of the sending and the packing lists, if I manage to do this, they would earn few hours per week, which is quite interesting for us.

@Aleksi_Alkio #1 - I have an action that will change the status of TableA on click. So if I understand, the best way is to make another action that will include 2 actions. 1st, my existing action; 2nd the action to update all row for the TableB with : SELECT(packing_details[detail_ID], [packing_ID] = [_THISROW].[packing_ID]) I assume this works well, the only trouble I have is that it can have to update 1000 rows. In google sheet it is very slow. In a DB Google + mySQL it should be faster right? (Tanhks for your advice in the other post though)

@Aleksi_Alkio #2 - Yes indeed. I would like them to enter for ex. 100 parcels from number 52 to number 152 (then parcel details) and when they click on ADD it will add 100 rows in my table (1 per parcel).

Why I need that? In another app, I have the receiving part; my guys in the warehouse will have to check the conformity of each parcel.

#1 - Yes it should be faster #2 - It sounds your structure is quite heavy. We don’t have direct way to add those rows so you would need to do that with scripting for example. Another solution is to send the data with a Webhook and then add those records with an API Call.

@Aleksi_Alkio I see. Just to be sure, when you say a scrip, the script would by directly in the database. For ex " if new row added with multiple parcels added, add X identical rows", what will be then synchronized with appsheet

Yes, that’s the case. But before doing that, I would still think is there any other way to do this. It sounds so weird that you would need to have for example 100 identical records in your database.

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes indeed, I can understand. The fact that I use 1 row per parcel is for warehouse management (other app linked in the process). When parcels are received, people checking the reception validate each parcel. If there is no problem they will send to a location and if not they need to send to other location. They will flash the parcels (each one has barcode) to have it in the app, controll and just flash the location to link it. So each parcel might have different info or be treated differently in the process.

If they need to open & save the record anyway even if it’s “script created”, what is the benefit? You can set the option “Auto re-open” and it will open the record after saving automatically. You can also copy the data from the last record so you would not need to fill the data.

@Aleksi_Alkio Sorry, it was not that clear.

I have 2 apps, not with the same team and location.

The first one is to create the packing list (with the parcel details). I already put the Action to copy the data. (I also saw for the auto -reopen, I use it in some other parts). In term of times saving, it is not that efficient for them to make the “Copy Action” 100 times this is why I am trying to find another way more cost-efficient.

The second one is to check if what we receive is same as what we have in the packing + to define the location of each parcel (We have different locations, if the parcel is correct, they just have to click on the location they want to send) As they check and manage by parcel, I thought it was important to have the detail from the beginning. (One parcel = one row so I can just Add the row to the target location’s Database, witch is another app using a workflow rule)

Top Labels in this Space