Hello everyone I'm trying out appsheet and a...

Hello everyone

I’m trying out appsheet and am struggling to edit the way the system actions display. For example, in one view I’ve set it as a table view, then set the EMAIL system action to not display because I want the table to show the email address not an icon. But, all I get are the first 2 letters of the email and nothing else. I’ve previewed this in full screen and all the icons are bunched to the left still displaying the first 2 letters of the email address.

I have set column width to wide but this doesn’t change anything. Any suggestions?

0 8 308
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Save & Verify the app and it should fix that. When you do that, it will read your column values and adjust the width.

Thanks for your suggestion. I clicked the save and verify but it is still the same, only displaying part of the text. I have to change the data type to text in order to display all the text in the column.

Just realized that you were using Email column. Save & Verify won’t help because the column width is meant for the icon and it won’t adjust it. Sorry that I misread your original post.

Right ok, so in a table you can either have the column display the system action icon, or have it display the text, but the data type must be changed to text.

This will influence the details view type which displays both the text and the system action icon.

Also, by changing the data type to text, will that not remove any input data check that ensures the user enters the correct type of data when creating a new record?

If you use the expression USEREMAIL() in initial value, it will read it exactly the same way. Or do your users need to write the email address manually?

Yes, the users will need to manually input email addresses, telephone numbers and physical addresses for each customer.

I would keep it as a Email field but then I would add a virtual column as a text field. Then you can show the email address as a text only but you will have the system icon in the detail view.

Oh good idea. Thanks

Top Labels in this Space