Hello everyone, let me share with you an iss...

Hello everyone,

let me share with you an issue …

I did an application to generate order. People can record information and upload a quotation.

My problem is about the storage of the quotation.

The app stores the doc uploaded in this path in myDrive (in google Drive) : Appsheet\ForlderName

And, I don’t undestand why, sometimes (that’s not systematic) some docs go in another folder called also FolderName but directly in myDrive (not in Appsheet folder).

Coul you please help me to understand this probleme ?

Thanks a lot ! Hello everyone,

let me share with you an issue …

I did an application to generate order. People can record information and upload a quotation.

My problem is about the storage of the quotation.

The app stores the doc uploaded in this path in myDrive (in google Drive) : Appsheet\ForlderName

And, I don’t undestand why, sometimes (that’s not systematic) some docs go in another folder called also FolderName but directly in myDrive (not in Appsheet folder).

Coul you please help me to understand this probleme ?

Thanks a lot !

0 5 346
5 REPLIES 5

tony1

Hi @Thomas_CLERICO. Images and files will be stored relative to the location of the sheet on your Google drive. So if your table is in a spreadsheet /foo/bar/MySheet, then images for that table will be stored under /foo/bar/MySheet_Images.

If you have two tables in two different places, the images will be stored in two different places.

You can control where the files are uploaded to by editing the file or image column definition.

Thank you @tony

I understand what you said, but my table is linked to one spreadsheet, so i don"t understand why files can be stored in two differents path !

To control where the files are uploaded, I need to fill Folder Location right ?

Could you show me please an exemple of FolderLocation definition ?

Thank you so much.

tony1

@Thomas_CLERICO Does your spreadsheet belong to two different folders? In Google Drive, a single file can have multiple “parent” folders, which ends up confusing AppSheet.

You can set the FolderLocation in your column’s settings. See the attached screenshot.

ok, last question : could you describe me how can I describe my path in FolderLocation ?

Thanks again

tony1

@Thomas_CLERICO You can enter a path that is relative to the spreadsheet. So if you enter “myLocation” that will store it in the myLocation folder in the same parent folder as your spreadsheet.

More info here: https://help.appsheet.com/ux/capturing-information-in-forms/capturing-images

Top Labels in this Space