Hello everyone! My goal is to create an app ...

Hello everyone!

My goal is to create an app that can be used by multiple (several dozen) independent salespeople. The salespeople each sell the same products but I’d like for them to each be able to use an app that doesn’t share one another’s data. I’ve copied the sales app demo and have modified it to fit the needs of each salesperson. The difficulty is that when I share the app (via the whitelist or the app’s Share button) the salesperson is able to use the app but doesn’t have access to the data spreadsheet. I have to manually share the data from within Google Sheets, and then the data is updated with every salesperson’s data (customers, orders, expenses, etc.). Again, I’d like to create an app that can be used by salespersons in such a way that each salesperson has access to their own data in a spreadsheet that doesn’t contain data from others’ sales.

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks for your time and any help you can provide!

Ben

0 2 321
2 REPLIES 2

Check out this article:

intercom.help - Limiting Users to Their Own Data Limiting Users to Their Own Data intercom.help

Use shared spreadsheet and then either slice or security filter.

If the data is sensitive, use security filter. When the sales are adding data, use a hidden column with USEREMAIL() in initial value. If the column’s name is like EMAIL, add a USEREMAIL()=[EMAIL] into the security filter. Then the data will be filtered in Appsheet’s server before downloading the data to the device.

Top Labels in this Space