Hello, I am recording patients contact in th...

Hello,

I am recording patients contact in the app. I would like to gather as much info as possible but: - I am arranging the columns of the google sheet according to the order of the questions/information i want in the app - but i would like to set the rules to have a particular questions/info disappearing in case the camp is blank. For example:

if i fill telephone 1, i would like to have the option to add a telephone 2, once telephone 2 is added, i would like to have the option to add a telephone 3 and so on.

In case i donโ€™ t have a telephone 4 to add to the patient - how can i make it disappearing from the information of the patient? (as per the picture?) At the moment, i am using the following formula: on Telephone 4 i have: SHOW IF:=ISNOTBLANK([Telephone 3]) By doing that though, once I go inside the patient info, I have a blank space for Telephone 4, would it be possible to take it out with any formula?

Thanks so much

0 5 311
5 REPLIES 5

Check the initial value in that columnโ€ฆ if it has a space it will show that field. If the field is totally blank, it wonโ€™t show it on the detail view.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks Aleksi. Probably I was not very clear, sorry for this. In my app, i have some columns that are related for example: the option telephone 4 will come up only if telephone 3 is filled up. (ie. For telephone 4 i have : SHOW IF:=ISNOTBLANK([Telephone 3])) In case i donโ€™t have the info to add on telephone 4, i leave the space blank but this will still be shown once you enter in the details of the patients. What do you advice? thanks for your time!

If you donโ€™t type anything for that field and you have nothing in your initial value, that field should not see that on detail view. I asked about this initial value field if you something there which would explain this situationโ€ฆ for example space could do that.

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks again for your message, I truly appreciate your help. Unfortunately although the original data is blank and the field in the app is also blank as well. it still appears. probably because I use the SHOW IF? but if i take out SHOWIF which other formula should i use to make the possibility to add telephone 4 if i insert telephone 3? Thanks so so much in advance for your time

Check your option โ€œApply show-if constraints universallyโ€. Itโ€™s probably ON. Try to change it to OFF and see what happens.

Top Labels in this Space