Hello, I am trying to print the data of a tab...

Hello, I am trying to print the data of a table in a report with a header, I want the header to be repeated on each page of the report but it only appears on the first page, could you help me?

0 6 811
6 REPLIES 6

Unfortunately, this is difficult to do. This is because reports are generated as TemplateWithPlaceHolders -> HtmlWithPlaceHolders -> HtmlWithPlaceHoldersReplaced -> PDF

Html has no notion of pages or pagination, so a table within Html has a single header and a number of rows.

Dear Praveen,

i answer just because the post is older and appsheetโ€™s answer to the basic question has not changed so far.

I am trying to find a solution for my app to create multi-page invoices with page numbering and headers / footers

even if i understand the problems with html->pdf limitation, this could not be the only answer from appsheet. Ther have to be a solution, maybe a reporting tool beside msword/gdoc template.

honestly, only being able to send single page invoice is very annoying, i have a workaround using google scripts, but this efforts another tons of hours rebuilding eg REF_ROWS in gscript!

confident but urgent i hope for a walkable solution
br Bernhard

#report template
#pagination
#header/footer

Is the main issue with child records? You can have lot of them? Printscreen possible?

hi aleksi, i just saw that i didnโ€™t fully answer your question.
i have m deliveries with n position each month, the position description is of type LongText so there could be linefeeds combined with long text.

further i need a header (column descritpion, client window, โ€ฆ) and footer (page/pages, accounting details, โ€ฆ) on each page.

thank you
br Bernhard

@GreenFlux i found this workaround some time ago, i also tried to fix with it, my problem is that i have n parents with n children, its still possible to calculate the data per page, but one child could be more than 1 line -> new line if text is too long for the column. So i would have to check the number of char in specific column, calculate the new lines โ€ฆ thats to fancy. after all if i only change font โ€ฆ imho a very nice workaround, but after testing it is not very suitable for my needs. thanks anywayโ€ฆ

@Aleksi what screenshot do you mean? i have attached the screenshot of template file, or do you need the resulting invoice?

thank you in advance

Top Labels in this Space