Hello, I am using an enum in a form and selec...

Hello, I am using an enum in a form and select “buttons” because I would like them to display this way.

There are only 2 choices which I input.

I have done this and saved it multiple times, and it always goes back to the drop down format in that question.

Why, dear lord, why?

I tried bringing the font size down, but that didn’t work, and it wasn’t that large to begin with.

What am I missing?

Thanks so much for your help!

0 4 855
4 REPLIES 4

Harry2

@Miranda_Lubarsky Hi Miranda, what are the names of the app, table, and enum column in question?

Dinh, thanks so much for your time!

The app is called “HFF Client Lists & Info Sheets”.

The table is called “Plant Dump List” and the column is called “Reason for Dumping”.

Harry2

@Miranda_Lubarsky Hi Miranda, I believe I’ve found the root cause of the problem. When you set the input mode of the column to “Button”, you will receive a warning message in the editor, which can be viewed in the Info>Errors tab. The warning message indicates that since you configure the column to allow for other values that are not included in the list of pre-defined enum values, you can only use the drop-down input mode. If you want to use the button input mode, you will need to disallow other enum values by changing the setting “AllowOtherValues” to false. Every time there’s a new warning, the editor will display a small yellow box to notify you. It is a good practice to regularly check these warnings in order to diagnose problems in the app early.

There’s also another unrelated minor problem. The enum values of the column are texts, but the column’s base type is set to “Number”. Although this is not causing any error at the moment, it might lead to subtle and hard-to-detect bugs in the future. As such I suggest that

you change the base type of the column to “Text”.

Thank you Dinh!

This is SO helpful!

Will do!

Top Labels in this Space