Hello! I am using this application but togeth...

Hello! I am using this application but together by a developer on app sheets, here. Is there a way to have the “Virtual Current Stock” be view-able within google sheets? I need the current stock levels to be view-able within the sheet. This way we can view the real time inventory number within the sheet without having to view it in the application. Please help! I am not a developer by any means and I have been trying for days to try to make the current stock number view-able within our raw data. Thank you!

0 9 798
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, Virtual columns are not being written to your spreadsheet. If you want to be able to see a column in the spreadsheet, don’t use a virtual column, add a column with an app formula instead.

Add another column to your spreadsheet and just have it equal the virtual column.

Stephen… what would be the formula for that? Thanks for the responses!

@Stephen_Mattison So, I created a new column in my spreadsheet called Current Stock A. I the used the formula “= [Current Stock]” in the app formula section for column “Current Stock A”. The expression is valid but my original spread sheet still does not update with the new stock number

@Gil_Littman_AppSheet

If you look under the hood of this app, it seems like a virtual column is needed to calculate the current stock amount. I have been messing with this app for days and still can not seem to figure out how to still have a scanning system while having a current stock level column update on the sheet in real time. I am completely new to all this. Could you possibly give me a step by step?

A normal sheet column assigned an AppFormula will only update the formula when an edit occurs and then only in the particular row that’s edited. For something like a total stock summed over all rows, usually it’s better not to compute it in each row as each row then has a different total stock (the value at the time you last edited the row) and you have to find the most recent one to get the correct number.

A virtual column is a better option because these update if a referencing row updates. but this won’t show up in the sheet. So I think a sheet formula is what you want. The problem with sheet formulas is you no longer see the total update in realtime in the app, only after a sync reads the new formula result.

The best option may be to use both. If the app is already working with a virtual column, I would just leave that as it is but add a sheet formula that does the same calculation within the sheet. It could just be marked hidden within the app.

Spreadsheet Formulas help.appsheet.com

@Athena_Mo

That will not work with the space between = (, but try it without the = altogether.

thanks guys! I got it working OMG ❤️

Hello friend, how have you made it work? I would really appreciate it as I am trying to do the same functionality

Top Labels in this Space