Hello, I have 2 problems that I can't figure ...

Hello, I have 2 problems that I can’t figure out and would appreciate any help

#1: I have a column [Checked out by] and it has app formula =ifs([Status]=“In work”, useremail() ) so it stores who has checked out the item.

Then there’s another column [Installed by] with similar formula =ifs([Status]=“Installed”, useremail())

When status changes to Installed, it deletes the useremail from [Checked out by]. Why it does that?

#2: There’s changeTimestamp column for for Status “In work”, and another column for “Installed”, they work fine.

Changing the status to “In work” also changes status in parent table to “Started” with changeTimestamp, no problem yet. “Installed” changes from “Started” to “Finished”, but now the changeTimestamp is -3 hours from correct time!!?

0 6 335
6 REPLIES 6

#1 - You are probably using app formula for your [Checked out by] column. When you open that record, it will recalculate that value and when the result is FALSE, it will write blank value.

#2 - Have you checked that your timezone is correct in both places (app and spreadsheet)?

@Aleksi_Alkio #1 - I thought IFS function executes only the first TRUE it finds, otherwise it does nothing?

#2 - Time zones should be ok, one column shows correct stamp and next column on same table shows wrong. Status change for correct Stamp is done with few Actions in a row, wrongly stamped status change has Action-Workflow-Action type of thing, could it be that?

With the IFS nothing means blank value and that’s why it’s removing the value.

Workflows are using UTC+0 where your timezone is probably UTC+3.

ok thanks, so how to get the useremail to stay in that column? and sync the 3h difference?

#1 - You should create an event action with the condition rule and then write the USEREMAIL() for your column.

Top Labels in this Space