Hello, I have a field that asks when an event...

Hello, I have a field that asks when an event happened, but since it is based on the user’s memory, I made it a Text column so they can write ‘relative’ dates like “6 months ago”. This is so the values will be recorded and displayed ‘as-is’.

However, some of them entered actual dates to the format “mm/dd/yyyy” which made AppSheet display the values as code equivalents (like 1/4/2014 is being displayed as 14610 or something); is there a way to stop this from happening?

P.S. The values stored are still correct - the display is what’s behaving erratically here. It’s making it hard for the users to check their own data.

0 5 320
5 REPLIES 5

Maybe go into the spreadsheet itself, and check that the column in the spreadsheet is formatted as Text–it could be the spreadsheet doing this to you. (?)

Thank you for your reply. No, the data recorded in the spreadsheet is correct. In the example above, it’s “1/4/2014” in the spreadsheet. It’s AppSheet that’s converting this into a date code.

Apologies. I did not understand at first what you were trying to say. I thought you wanted me to check if the spreadsheet was recording date codes.

You were right - when I converted the data type from automatic to “plain text”, the display in AppSheet worked.

Thank you!

Awesome! I have battled similar things in my apps.

Thank you again!

Top Labels in this Space