Hello, I have a phone book app that I made. ...

Hello,

I have a phone book app that I made. My issue is that searching is fine for everything except for phone numbers. Example in the app the phone number is (123)456-7890. If I type in the search box 1234567890 then the app will not find it. I have to literally type in (123)456-7 for the entry to show up.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

0 5 327
5 REPLIES 5

You can create an additional column where you convert all possible scenarious that you could think of, for exampleโ€ฆ CONCATENATE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE([Phone],"(",""),")",""),"-",""))

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you. I was confused at first because of the nesting of substitutes iโ€™s like the formula version of the movie inception! but I got it in the end. The only thing I am still wondering about is the Concatenate part of it because I was assuming that the substitute would already result in a concatenated text.

I just added it if you would like to add other possible formats as well. It will work without it tough.

@Aleksi_Alkio which i did! thank you for that.

I concat with another field [Cell]+[DirectLine] So the app can search either way

Good

Top Labels in this Space