Hello I have a ring in google sheet usermail

Hello I have a ring in google sheet usermail with email access instead of entering the full email address I would like to write only the name example (rossi@gmail.com) I would like to write only reds itโ€™s possible? thank you

0 7 389
7 REPLIES 7

Can you please clarify your request as I am not sure what a โ€œring in google mailโ€ is, what โ€œwrite only the nameโ€ means when your example is a full email address (rossi@gmail.com).

What do you want to enter in your app (eg: โ€œRossiโ€) and what do you want to have go in the sheet (eg: โ€œrossi@gmail.comโ€).

If you clarify I am sure you can get some help

In a google sheet I have a column with usermail function () I enter the employeeโ€™s e-mail address for convenience instead of writing the full email address I would like to write the employeeโ€™s name rossi@gmail.com example I would just write in the name (Rossi) I hope I explained myself

@francesco_cannone Nope!

Sounds unnecessarily complicated!

Would be far easier to enter User info once, then simply choose from that list with one click, you wouldnโ€™t even need to type their email address at all!

Maybe set up a SignUp form and if User uses their Smartphone, you can have the App just grab the UserName() & UserEmail() automatically!

Easy, good luck!

I think I did not understand

@francesco_cannone You will need to build a Parent/Child type app to enter Users/Employees and then be able to choose them with one click for a job, task, or whatever you are doing.

For better help, you will need to give us lots more details of what exactly you are trying to do.

See this โ€œOrder Captureโ€ Sample App to see how this kind of Parent/Child App can be set up.

For starters, Copy this App and adjust for your needs.

Then maybe rebuild from scratch when you get things figured out. Order Capture - An app for managing customers, products, and orders. appsheet.com

If you have very few employees and can always be sure the email address is built from the first name and @gmail.com, this can be done easily by ENUM column or a calculated Virtual column with formula (eg: =Concatenate([fname],โ€@gmail.com).

I would use a calculated virtual column based on fname.

Top Labels in this Space