Hello, I have developed a POS app for my wif...

Hello,

I have developed a POS app for my wife’s flower shop and I want it to control the open and close of a cash drawer.

I see that it is possible to wire a receipt printer to a cash drawer and control the open and close of the cash drawer through commands issued to the printer.

I see that it is possible to send print commands to a bluetooth reciept printer via Appsheet.

Has anybody got a way to send commands to a cash drawer from a device connected by bluetooth to a receipt printer wired to the cash drawer?

What hardware and software might work well to make this happen with appsheet?

Cheers,

David.

0 4 995
4 REPLIES 4

In general, to open a standalone till drawer, it doesn’t matter what you “print”.

“X” will suffice.

However, it sounds as though you’re looking at something where the till drawer is somehow daisy-chained via a printer (or is part of the printer itself) rather than a separate device, so you’d need to investigate how that manufacturer’s hardware and software implements what you’re trying to do.

Hey Julie, I did not know you could us a print command to open a stand-alone till drawer, that sounds great! How do you connect to your till drawer from your device running appsheet, and what harware is working for you? Cheers, David.

We’re not using appsheet at all, I’m afraid. We have a proprietary system that runs on Windows. The till is configured as a text printer, and to open it, it just writes text to the printer port.

(I also wrote a little .bat file to open it manually.)

The till drawers themselves were supplied by a previous software supplier, before my time. They have an RS232 connection, so as we’ve updated computers, we’ve added a USB to RS232 convertor.

So I’m sorry I can’t help you from the appsheet perspective, but hopefully that’s open up some other options for you in general @David_Ackling-Jones

Adding @Gil_Littman_AppSheet FYI for this scenario

Top Labels in this Space