Hello, i have some problems with my app. whe...

Hello,

i have some problems with my app. when my employees are working with it there are sometimes situations where they are working at the same moment in the app on the same row of data.

when this happens one of them will lose his data because when the latest syncs his new data it overwrite the new data of the other oneโ€ฆ

is there a way to block people out when the row is in use or to make it read only until the other one has synced his data ?

orโ€ฆ

many thanks

0 9 358
9 REPLIES 9

Unfortunately nothing bullet proof method to handle that directly. One workaround is to have an additional column which contains the user email address for example. Only that person could then open that record. If someone needs to open it for editing, he needs to ask a from the existing user to change that email address. Not so clean way, but doable.

Thanks, would it be possible to use one of the fieldโ€™s โ€œSettingsโ€ that you can costumize for each userโ€ฆ USERSETTINGS({OptionName}) to give the next one in line permission to edit the row โ€ฆ

is it possible to change the change the updatemode of a slice

in a formula ?.. or where do you need to put the code to control that user A can open row 1,2,3 but not 4 because user B has not enabled itโ€ฆ

You canโ€™t use user settings because that value is only in your device. You can create that functionality for example with Editable_IF.

Do you have editable if also for an entire row โ€ฆ i do see this for each column buth then you can stil open it and resave the same valueโ€™s right ?..

You want to show that record for all but only one user can modify it, correct?

yes

Because we donโ€™t have a way to set the access level row by row like Editable_If, you need to create that functionality by yourself. The easiest way in this case would be the system Edit action button. If you add a rule like USEREMAIL()=[EMAIL] for that, you have that feature.

Okรฉ thanks, i did solve it by using a token that gives the other person

access.

the token is a setting that can be changed for each device. i have combined it with a slice filter and some action buttons.

Okayโ€ฆ good that you found a way:-)

Top Labels in this Space