Hello, I have some queries regarding the app ...

Dennis_Kok
Participant I

Hello, I have some queries regarding the app syncing behavior. I have added a shortcut in desktop to one of my Apps using Chrome “Add to desktop” and open as Windows. 1st case: the shortcut Apps is open. I changed the column order in one of the slice view at Appsheet website. When I click sync at the Windows shortcut App, the column orders have not changed. I need to click on Menu>App Gallery and click on that app to re-open the Apps. Only then the column order changes take effect. Same goes to the Apps in my mobile phone (I added the shortcut to my phone). When I click sync, the changes doesn’t take effect

2nd case: when I delete some data in Google spreadsheet (database), and click on sync, the data is still there. But when I click on Menu>App Gallery and click on that app to re-open the Apps, Only then the data deleted.

I just worried the users did not aware of the changes I made to the Apps. Will they be required to always re-open the Apps from the Menu>App Gallery? Any insights would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 2 285
2 REPLIES 2

tony1
Participant V

@Dennis_Kok Could you take a look at this article and see if any of the tips answer your question? help.appsheet.com - App Changes Are Not Captured in the Spreadsheet or the App App Changes Are Not Captured in the Spreadsheet or the App help.appsheet.com

@Dennis_Kok, there should definitely be no reason to have to reopen apps from the app gallery. In fact, your users should have a launch icon/shortcut.

When you sync, the latest data and app definition are fetched. If you aren’t seeing this, the cause is very likely in the article Tony mentioned.

Top Labels in this Space