Hello, I need help to do the following: I cr...

Hello, I need help to do the following:

I created a table for “Comments” for user of the app to add note.

Column headers are: ID (unique), Note, Initials, TimeStamp, Staff Response.

When the user add a comment to the “Comment” form from the app, the note populates correctly on Google Sheet.

Staff adds response (i.e. Done, Pending…) in the ‘staffresponse’ column’ but does not show as a separate row in the app.

The user add another note, that note shows a separate row in the app.

How can I have Appsheet to show user and staff note separately?

0 3 349
3 REPLIES 3

Harry2
Participant V

@Mye_Maloulou Currently a response to a comment is stored inside a column in your Comments table. If you want responses to be stored and displayed as rows, you will have 2 options:

1/ Treat “comments” and “responses” as functionally the same. This means that in order to respond to an existing comment, your staff can simply add a new row to the Comments table right below the existing comment.

2/ Create a new “Responses” table that references the Comments table. This new table will only store responses, and each response will reference 1 comment in the Comments table. Each time your staff need to respond to an existing comment, they can open the comment,

go to the “Related responses” field, and click on “New”. To learn more about table references, check out the article and the app below:

appsheet.com - Table References - A basic demo of table references

https://help.appsheet.com/data/references/references-between-tables Table References - A basic demo of table references appsheet.com

Oh my goodness, you are awesome.

thanks for the quick response.

I failed to mention that the “staff” only works from the google sheet and does not have access to the app.

He is technically the data entry person that in charge of updating the sheet to communication with appsheet.

I tried add his response the next empty row in google sheet but his note did not reflect on the app.

@Mye_Maloulou

Hi Mye, you may find that the users need to Sync the app before using.

Then you should see the responses your staff put in.

Top Labels in this Space