Hello, I try to figure out how i remove dupl...

Hello,

I try to figure out how i remove duplicate values from a list i use in a form that take part of validation dropdown: I have

a sheet containinh income\expence definitions:

uniqueID | Sub-sub-definition | Sub Definition | Definition

Definition is :

Income or Expence Sub Defs: list of about 30 rows. Sub-Sub Defs: is about 120 definitions.

The problem is after choosing Definition, Sub Definition Shows me duplicate values (because related to Sub-Sub-Definition).

Im not even sure this worksheet structure is good for appsheet useโ€ฆ

attaching a screenshot.

Any ideas how to make the Sub Def show only unique values?

0 3 372
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Perhaps the formulas for those dependent dropdowns are not exactly correct, or maybe the order you select the dropdown columns are not in right order.

Regardless, you do not have to always use the dependent dropdowns method; you could also use a SELECT() expression in Valid_if

to make a list yourself, and if you add a true after select condition, it will remove duplicates and return a unique list: SELECT(Table[Column], condition, true)

solved. thanks alot !!

Hi @Michael Avenilov, Just in case you are using the above table image that you have shared as a lookup table and if you have yet to explore the concept of dependent dropdowns , could you please take a look at the following article.

help.appsheet.com - Dependent Dropdown Dependent Dropdown help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space