Hello, I use 15 sheets (Products, Orders, Cu...

Yilmaz_Kandis
Participant III

Hello,

I use 15 sheets (Products, Orders, Customers, Items, Locations,… etc.) with each having average 20 columns on my Google Spreadsheet database. I used to have reasonable sync (2-5 seconds) time but recently it is around 10-17 seconds which is really annoying.

When I look at the performance tab, virtual columns take too much time. These virtual colums are auto-generated by Appsheet when I referenced tables to each other.

I know I can disable them, however, I want them. When I open Customers view, I would like see and be able to jump all other stuff related to customer (such as Contacts, Open Orders etc.)

Is there a way to not to compute such ‘auto-generated’ virtual columns while syncing and keep them some sort of delayed sync? becaue may be just need to edit Customer name and no need to wait to compute all virtual colums (tables) related to (referenced to) that customer.

Thanks in advance.

0 5 389
5 REPLIES 5

Have you tried to use Sync options called “Delayed Sync” and “Automatic updates”?

Yilmaz_Kandis
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes Aleksi, both options are ON for all my apps. What I look for is ‘delayed sync for virtual fields auto-generated’ by appsheet.

See this pic. Companies has a lot of Ref virtual colums. All those aren’t needed to be computed while sync. I think it can continue to sync on the background while user can view ‘Companies’.

Unfortunately we don’t have option to set the REFROW sync OFF.

Yilmaz_Kandis
Participant III

@Aleksi_Alkio I don’t mean to set it OFF

But it could be a “New Feature Request” right?

You can add it from here… www.appsheet.com/feature-requests

Top Labels in this Space