Hello! I very new at learning how to build ap...

T_M

Hello! I very new at learning how to build apps with Appsheet and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction?

I want to make a personal finance app that helps me manage my daily spending.

The main thing I want to do is be able to enter daily expenses with a data entry screen like the one I have created below. However, I want to be able to run a couple of calculations on this data and then present the calculations on the โ€œmainโ€ screen of the app. Basically, I want to be able to enter a daily budget for the month and then I want to be able to enter my transactions throughout the month and have the app keep track of whether I am going over or under my daily budget.

So Iโ€™m wondering, is it best to run the calculations in the Google sheet with the data or have Appsheet do the calculations? What are the proโ€™s/conโ€™s to running calculations in the spreadsheet vs the app or the app vs the spreadsheet?

1 2 393
2 REPLIES 2

Do them in the app. Create two tablesโ€ฆ Expensives and Year&Month. The Year&Month table is the parent and Expensives are child records where the Year&Month is a ref field.

You can set target value in that M&Y table for every month. Because all expensives belong to one Y&M record, you will see them all as an inline view. You can then calulate expensives for that one month like SUM(SELECT([RelatedExpensives][Sum],TRUE)).

help.appsheet.com - References Between Tables References Between Tables help.appsheet.com

T_M

@Aleksi_Alkio thank you Aleksi! Iโ€™m not really sure how to do that but will try to figure it out. Thanks so much for your help!

Tim

Top Labels in this Space