Hello I was wondering if there is a way to s...

Hello

I was wondering if there is a way to set up the “user settings” variables by passing them on the URL. If that’s the case- can you point me to how exactly it’s done?

thank you!

0 3 313
3 REPLIES 3

No, the user settings are not set in the url or deep link. We need to think about whether there are good scenarios for this. What was the scenario you had in mind? Thanks

I would like to send a personalized link to the application to different users. I would like each user to see a different subset of the table content, according to the parameter they pass. This is not very strong from security perspective but will be sufficient for my needs. Thank you !

The clean way to do this would be to require user signin and then set up security filters based on the user email or role.

There is a messy way to do this with links. See the LINKTOFORM() function in the article below. It also has support for default values. You can use function in an expression and test it to see its result. It should be something like this:

https://www.appsheet.com/start/e85ff998-9745-4a9a-b9ea-1e98a4540b96#appName=SchoolWork-16350&page=fo...

By putting in different default values, you’ll get them to launch their app in the UserSettings view with the value you want pre-populated

Column Type: App (Deep Links) help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space