Hello - I'm getting the following error after...

Hello - I’m getting the following error after a google script runs:

“A duplicate request is already in progress. Please wait a moment and try again.”

The system takes about 30 seconds and looks to complete the action.

Does anyone know what might be causing it? And how do I repair to prevent?

Thanks

0 10 956
10 REPLIES 10

I have the following Actions: 1. Status Change - A 2. If Status Change - A - go to website action (run google script to copy records from one table and append to another table) 3. Status Change - B

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez This is a safety net to prevent an operation (e.g. add a row) from being run multiple times. Can you say more about when this happens? Do you have any long-running workflow actions?

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez Can you try doing the same thing, only without the Google Script (e.g. just go to some other website that doesn’t involve your spreadsheet)? That will help us figure out if the problem lies in the scripting part or the app part.

ok, I’ve adjusted step 2 to redirect to a google page instead of the script and it directed me accordingly without error. Once I closed the google page it continued with the 3rd step above.

Does this mean the script requires more time?

If yes, is there a way to insert a delay time to allow it to run completely without generating the error?

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez Hmm, I’m not sure exactly what’s going on. In general, it’s difficult to coordinate the timing of events by adding delays. It quickly turns into a mess.

Are you doing all of this Google Script stuff just to be able to append a row to one of your tables?

We hope to soon add a feature that does this (adding @praveen, fyi).

But in the mean time, can you work around the issue? Many times, when you need to copy/add rows to another table, it’s actually simpler to use references instead of copying values.

Yes I unfortunately had to implement 2 scripts to copy a list of rows from one table to the next and would very much prefer doing all of this in appsheet. I’m very much looking forward to that upcoming feature - how soon is soon?

I have references in place but in the case of copying “recipes”, when I copy the recipe I’ll need the ingredients and the cooking directions to be copied as well and we didn’t see how to accomplish this without the scripts

Thoughts?

tony1

Understood, copying a recipe and its parts is a pretty clear use case, and references probably won’t help. We don’t have a precise timeline on the add row action, but I’ll make sure the team knows about its demand.

In the mean time, maybe there’s a way to use your Google Script without having to rely on timing. This is far outside my area of expertise, but maybe someone on the community who is more experienced with this stuff can chime in.

@Bellave_Jayaram has helped me build the scripts. Thanks Tony

I just wanted to let you know, I would love an add row(s) feature as well. My reasoning is because I feel using references is too clunky for my customers, when you are adding more then a couple of items to an order. @tony, I love tony’s corner on the webinars. You guys are Great!!!

Hey I am still getting the same error today. Can someone help me about this problem
??

Top Labels in this Space