Hello, im not a programmer nor computer expe...

Hello,

im not a programmer nor computer expert, sorry if my question is basic. I already make a database app with appsheet, it similar with phonebook (name, address, etc). My problem is i have too much data and some people name have same sounds but different writing, ex: Eric, Erict, Erick, Erric. So if i want to search their name, i just type โ€˜Erโ€™ (part of name) and appsheet will show all of โ€˜Erโ€™ name. But sometimes there too many name to show.

Is it possible to make a combine search, people with โ€˜Erโ€™ name and โ€˜xxxxโ€™ address (part of address)? So the list shown will be shorter.

Thanks in advance

0 3 317
3 REPLIES 3

Can you elaborate a little more on what youโ€™re trying to do? Are you searching via the search function in the actual app or are you trying to do something with Expressions in the app editor?

If youโ€™re using the in-app search function, thatโ€™s exactly how itโ€™s supposed to work: It looks for any entry that contains whatever you typed in it. This includes things that arenโ€™t necessarily the name, such as the address or phone number.

@Jacob_Lin_AppSheet Patrick wants to use search with two criterias.

Searching with two criteria is not possible in-app. The closest thing you can get to that is making a new view which groups the entries by some value and then searching in that view.

Top Labels in this Space