Hello ! I'm trying Appsheet since a week and ...

Hello ! I’m trying Appsheet since a week and I ask myself a big question in format rules (that I didn’t find answer anywhere, or clear answer at least). Is it possible to make a condition that will check every column ? I will explain myself :

I have lots of Enum column that have the same answer (“Valid” and “Not Valid”) and I would like to create 1 Format Rule that will put each “Valid” in green and 1 Format Rule that will put each “Not Valid” in red. But the problem is that because they are different columns I fear that I must make each time 2 Format Rules for 1 column.

(TL:DR : Condition is not a single column and I don’t want to put everything in one color if only one Enum is “Valid” or “Not Valid”)

I know that a YES/NO could do the job, but I would prefer a more personal view. Thank you for your answers and your time

0 5 295
5 REPLIES 5

@Kumo_Kara This is easy in AppSheet.

You need to set up Format Rules, one Rule for each color. Format Rules: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

@Kumo_Kara I’m afraid you need to add two format rules for every column.

@Stephen_Mattison Thank you for your answer, but that’s not really what I was asking. The problem isn’t the color, nor the condition. I put an exemple (all questions are enum and 1 question = 1 column)

Do you want cookies ? [Of course] [uuh] Are you sure ? [Of course] [uuh] Do you want lots of cookies then ? [Of course] [uuh]

And imagine there are 40 of them. If I do what you say, to apply a format rule you need 1 column to verify something then you apply the format rule to what you want. The thing here is that I want to check 1 by 1 a column and apply the format to the actual question and not others. So in this exemple, if I answer [of course] to the first question, only the first question will be green, and if I anwer [uuh] to the second, on it will be red. My question is : is it possible to avoid making 40*2 format rules when you always test the same thing on all your columns ?

@Aleksi_Alkio Ho… thank you, at least I know that we can’t do it now !

I added it to our request list. It’s a reasonable and quite common case.

Top Labels in this Space