Hello, I'm trying to control access to a reci...

Hello, I’m trying to control access to a recipes table where users can copy the recipes and add recipes but can only edit and delete their own records. I have user authentication in place and am using USEREMAIL()=createdby to distinguish the records.

*I’ve configured the field by field “editable if” capability on the table but it doesn’t work well when you’re copying a record.

*I created an action (App: edit this row) and it works great but I need to ensure the slice allows for Updates and this automatically displays the Edit pencil to users providing edit capability to all records. I’ve attempted to override this Display Overlay icon by setting my action to Display Overlay and selecting the same icon but it doesn’t seem to override it and adds it onto the list.

Is there a way to override or hide this system “Edit” icon?

OR

Is there a better way to accomplish this record level access?

Thanks so much.

0 2 353
2 REPLIES 2

tony1

@Daisy_Ramirez Right now, the easiest way is to override the Edit system action (“Show System Actions” under Behavior > Actions). You can add a condition like [Row Owner] = USEREMAIL(). That should show the edit button on the appropriate records.

Worked perfectly! Thanks Tony!

Top Labels in this Space