Hello, I'm using the "copy this row and edit ...

Hello, I’m using the “copy this row and edit the copy” action and looking to have a record copied and only one of the fields to be adjusted to a different but “standard” value. I’ve set the action to run when the user saves the original record. The duplicate record appears perfectly but the user simply hits save and doesn’t make the adjustment needed so I’m looking to make the “standard” edit for them or draw attention to the field by clearing the required field so the adjustment can be made.

Here’s what I tried in the action “Grouped:execute a sequence of action” Note: copy record and edit is the first action :

*LINKTOFORM used after the copy record and edit - It does not adjust the field and nothing happens *DATA: set the value of a column.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone

0 7 621
7 REPLIES 7

Because the “copy this row…” needs a manual save, it’s stopping the process and that’s why nothing happens.

HI Aleksi, I’ve set the Auto Save to on for last field entry which should save the record before the user hits Save. Is this correct?

There seem to be instances like this that are possible to configure in the editor by using actions and form save event actions but the behavior is not happening as expected. Ideally the editor needs to prevent saving such configuration but the issue I guess is to know what these incompatible settings are. @praveen

@Daisy_Ramirez Don’t use Copy record and edit; only use linktoform(),which will itself create a new row. In the call to lintoform(), you can set the new row’s column values as desired.

where do i have to use linktoform() ??? in the action ?
Thanks

Thanks Steve & Bellave, Steve this worked. I needed to create a field to indicate the original record was copied so that pressing save wouldn’t continue to save a new record over and over again. Thanks for the help!

Top Labels in this Space