Hello, I'm wondering I have a field that I'd...

Hello, I’m wondering I have a

field that I’d like to modify on a different view. It’s an order status. So I have a table which has all the data for the order, including status, another table for the actual process for the order. In it, I reference order status and I would like to be able to change it there. Is this possible?

0 1 314
1 REPLY 1

Harry2
Participant V

@Luis_Flores Hi Luis, this might be possible using 2 different actions.

Suppose you have 2 tables, “Orders” and “Order Processing”.

First, you need to create an action for table “Orders”. Let’s call this action “Update order”. The action type of this action is “Data: set the value of a column”. The column to set is “Status”, and the column value is whatever status value that you want to set. You need to mark this action as hidden.

Next, you need to create an action for table “Order Processing”. Let’s call this action “Update processing”. The action type of this action should be “Data: execute an action on a set of rows”. The referenced table should be “Orders”. The action to execute should be the action “Update order” that you just created. For the referenced rows to execute, use an expression that will select the order that references the current processing row. The expression should be something like this:

ANY(SELECT(Orders[KeyColumn], [KeyColumn] = [_ThisRow].[Ref Column]))

In this expression, [KeyColumn] is the key column of table “Orders”, and [RefColumn] is the column in table “Order Processing” that references table “Orders”.

Top Labels in this Space