Hello, I'm working on the "Behaviour" - "Ac...

Hello,

I’m working on the “Behaviour” - “Actions”.

How can use values of my column to be sent as a message?

Any advice and suggestions?

Would really appreciate.

0 7 329
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Daryn_Torres, Could you please add whether you are looking for any specific input in using message action.

Presume you wish to use the action “Ext: start a text message”.

After defining this action, please enter the column name

or expression in the “To” option. This column need to be typically a phone type column., say [Customer Phone] .

In the Message field , please enter the column name or expression from which you need to pick the message,typically a text type column., say [Request Status]

Upon executing this action , you will be taken to the default messaging app that you have in your phone and "to " number and message are auto populated in respective fields. You will need to press the send button though.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar thanks for the feedback.

I wish to send the details as message. For example, I want my message to be formatted like this

[Account Name] [Account ID] etc.

However, The SMS would only display the first column’s value which is [Account Name].

any thoughts?

Hi @Daryn_Torres, As I mentioned you can have expressions as well in the “To” and “Message” fields. You can for example concatenate the message comprising of several fields into one virtual column field and define that field as message field.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar thanks. but I believe CONCATENATE will display values like this for example:

Expression: CONCATENATE([Account Name], [Account ID]) Display (values for example):

John1234

is there a way for this to have it like this?

John 1234

@Daryn_Torres Please use the expression format as mentioned below

CONCATENATE( [Account Name],"

",[Account ID])

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Thank you so much for the help. It’s working.

My format before were like this

CONCATENATE([Account Name], “”, [Account ID])

Thanks again! Cheers

Hi @Daryn_Torres, Thank you for the update. Good to know it is working as required.

Top Labels in this Space