Hello. Instead of a pdf, can I workflow an XM...

Hello. Instead of a pdf, can I workflow an XML file?

0 9 388
9 REPLIES 9

@Andrea_Sala

Try the following: 1. Create a new .txt file on you computer. 2. Populate the file with XML like that shown below. The values between the square brackets are field names in your AppSheet table. They are replaced with the actual field values. 3. Upload the .txt file to Google Drive. 4. Create a event triggered Email workflow rule that is invoked on Add. 5. Click on the icon for the Attachment Template property, This will launch the open file dialog. Select the XML .txt template file you uploaded. 6. Add a record through your AppSheet app that invokes the workflow rule. 7. The email you receive will contain the filled in XML file as an attachment.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<<[Name]>>

<<[Age]>>

<<[Street]>>

<<[City]>>

<<[State]>>

<<[Zip]>>

<<[Count]>>

@Andrea_Sala

Can you clarify the question?

@Andrea_Sala XML files are not meant for human comprehension so why do you want to receive an XML file in email? Do you want to send it to a webhook (URL endpoint) perhaps?

Sure!

I have an XML schema.

I would like to create a form in Appsheet in order to simplify the data entry.

Ideally I would like to use a template (for instance: my XML schema) and โ€œmail mergeโ€ it with the data collection through the form.

At the moment, Iโ€™ve a workflow rule and a template (in Google Docs) that prints my data in PDF.

@Bellave_Jayaram. Exactly, I have to send it to an email address. It is not for humans, but for a machine. It is actually part of an internal procedure. Thanks.

Where is Jared when you need him?

Harry2

@Andrea_Sala Hi Andrea, based on your description, Iโ€™m afraid what you want to implement is currently not possible.

That is a great idea. Thank You very much. Iโ€™ll try it and write u back.

@Andrea_Sala

The document is attached to the email message as a .txt file, but it contains XML. This approach works for JSON as well.

When you use a .txt file as a template, we simply looks for expressions in broken brackets << โ€ฆ >> and replace them.The values in the broken brackets can be simple field names or expressions.

Top Labels in this Space