Hello, Is it possible to have an action butt...

Hello,

Is it possible to have an action button/create additional, non-system generated actions on a form view? I have a form that auto saves and auto re-opens to allow for rapid data entry of sequential clinical trials, however I would like an option to “close trials”, e.g. save the form data and not re-open the form, but return to an inline view once the clinician is done recording data. This would avoid the issue of having to tap “cancel” and navigate through the “edits will be lost” confirmation box, which is a bit confusing.

Thanks

0 5 426
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Have you tried to use LINKTOVIEW as an Event action?

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks for the suggestion. So here is what I did: I created a new LINKTOVIEW action that returns to a detail view, set that as the “Form Saved” event action, and left the auto save/auto re-open features toggled on. I also created a new column in the table with a single enum button to act as the “last field” so that auto re-open could be circumvented if it’s left blank. Theoretically, the form should re-open if the last field is filled, and return to detail view if it’s not and the user selects “Save” from the bottom menu, correct? It seemed to work the first time, but now it appears the event action is overriding the auto re-open function and the app is returning to the detail view in all save cases. Thoughts?

It sounds that you have done the opponent.

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate? I’ve only been using appsheet for a couple weeks. This is all new to me.

Ultimately, I just want to have the choice of continuing to enter new rows through the form re-open feature, or exiting the form based on user input choice without having to select cancel. I don’t want those using the app to wonder if their data is going to be deleted, if that makes sense.

If you have added an enum field where you ask if this is the last record. You could add an condition rule for your action that it won’t trigger if the value is not true.

Top Labels in this Space