Hello, is it possible to run two workflow act...

Hello, is it possible to run two workflow actions on the same table AND run them in a particular order?

Workflow1 = update an email field with the logged in USEREMAIL() - set value Workflow2 = send an SMS to the logged in USEREMAIL

I believe the question was asked before but the user reconfigured their system so that it wouldnโ€™t require it.

Any help would be outstanding! Thanks

0 10 400
10 REPLIES 10

I believe you should use API call which could change the value and if you have another workflow rule for that, it would trigger it afterwards.

Ok thanks, Iโ€™ll redesign the 2nd workflow as that my be issue. It may be attempting to run the 2nd before the first. Thanks Aleksi

Thanks Aleksi. Iโ€™m not familiar with using API calls. Can you forward an example?

Would you please describe your user case little more, thanks.

Hi Aleksi, just to clarify.

It appears the ability to setup 2 work flow actions on the same table is NOT possible and so setting the workflow order would not be applicable. Is this correct? Iโ€™ll need to reconfigure the way my forms were designed and should probably get started if this is the case.

Our user case is as follows: We have a work que our drivers will select from. When the press โ€œIn Processโ€, Iโ€™d like the userโ€™s email to be inserted into โ€œdriverโ€ field so we know who has the work and it drops from the list. We then want a separate work flow to send an SMS to the customer associated with the same record to advise the driver is enroute.

Why do you think you could not send two different workflows from the same table?

Second one fails

Then the reason is something different than sending two workflows (emails) from the same table.

Ok so then it IS possible to send more than 1 per table. Is it possible to control the order in which theyโ€™re generated?

I havenโ€™t seen anything for that. I have a doupt, that itโ€™s something you canโ€™t control.

Top Labels in this Space