hello, is there a way for appsheet to see a c...

hello, is there a way for appsheet to see a change in a row in a google sheet table, and then based on that change, copy that row, and add a new row in a different sheet with that data?

0 4 336
4 REPLIES 4

@Joe_Seiler

AppSheet does not trigger Actions based on changes you make directly to your Google Sheet. We only trigger Actions and workflow rules based on changes you make through your AppSheet application.

When you next sync your AppSheet application, any changes you made directly to the Google Sheet will appear in your app, but those changes will not trigger AppSheet Actions or workflow rules.

I am not sure, but it may be possible to write Google script code to take some action. Someone else in the community may be able to explain how to do that.

Thanks for your response,

I meant to say, When modifying a row with the app, not in the sheet, can that modification trigger a behavior to copy that row, and add that row to another table?

I know it can copy the row, but can it add it to another table?

Iโ€™m trying to stay away from scripting, or using a query in the new sheet.

Basically, I have many different types of tables that get entries, but I need a way to combine them in another sheet.

Iโ€™m not sure, but you can try to use a EXECUTE GROUP OF ACTIONS. First one, deleting the row an the Second making a LINKTOFORM to the new table with the parameters you need from the previous rowโ€ฆ Iโ€™m not sure it works, try it

You can do that with the Event action & LINKTOFORM as @Fernando_Lopez proposed. The problem with the action is thisโ€ฆ it wonโ€™t be fully automatic. You need to press โ€œsaveโ€ for that new record.

Top Labels in this Space