Hello! Is there any way to detect a NaN error...

Hello! Is there any way to detect a NaN error, “The entry is not valid” to put in “show if” and that this field is not shown when the expression fails? I have a field that shows the available stock of each product when an order is being loaded (= [ProdSel]. [Total Available]), but if a new product is loaded in the same Form, as the product does not yet exist in the table of products, the expression gives error. The idea is that the quantity available is not shown when the product is new. Is there an ISERROR () formula that allows me to control the error?

0 4 1,125
4 REPLIES 4

Why don’t you hide that field if the entry is new? Would that be the same thing?

Yes, it would be the same, but I can not think of what expression to use in “show if”. How do I determine the entry is new?

You can check if your record belongs to the list already with IN([KeyColumnName],TableName[KeyColumnName]). When it’s a new record, it’s key column value is not saved to the table yet and it will give you a result as FALSE. If you add that into the Show_If, it won’t show the field.

Great! Many thanks!

Top Labels in this Space