Hello! Is there any way to put help for the u...

Hello! Is there any way to put help for the user on each screen? For example, a “?” Sign appears in the title bar, along with the selection box and the search button.

0 23 1,817
23 REPLIES 23

Alfred, did you want your users to see help information as they were entering data on a form?

Yes, it would be a good option. But not only in Forms, but rather to explain the function of each view

Alfredo, please post this as a Features Request.

You are welcome.

I have used the Description field on the Column to add a brief explanation.

The Description shows up when creating or Editing a record.

Other than my suggestion, I don’t believe that there is anything that the user and click on to get a description of what the purpose of a view is.

But it replaces the name and it comes out in very large print, ideally it would be a balloon or something like that. And it is also very tedious to explain each field, my idea was to explain what is shown and what to buy in each item of the menu. It is also not essential

Sorry Alfredo, AppSheet does not have tool tips or hints.

One work around might be to add a text column that just contains a description of how

to use the view.

It is then as a proposal as functionality to add. It would be very good to also have hidden fields only for the use of the developer, where to comment what it is for and how each slice and each view is implemented, to facilitate future modifications.

Alfredo, that is a different ask…

You can put in detailed description of the app and its view components.

Click on the info link on the left side nav bar.

You will be taken to a screen where you can document your app.

… Documentation tab

Yes, I know, I mean something specific to each view. When the application has many tables with many slice and many views, one gets dizzy and sometimes gets confused. So detect that need. I leave it as a proposal also if it is that other people also find it useful. Thank you very much for the response and the dedication

Alfred, did you want your users to see help information as they were entering data on a form?

Yes, I know, I mean something specific to each view. When the application has many tables with many slice and many views, one gets dizzy and sometimes gets confused. So detect that need. I leave it as a proposal also if it is that other people also find it useful. Thank you very much for the response and the dedication

Yes, it would be a good option. But not only in Forms, but rather to explain the function of each view

Alfredo, please post this as a Features Request.

You are welcome.

If you add an additional column as Mary was proposing and one variable with the Usersettings, user could choose do he/she wants to see help texts or not. And if you show them only on the detail view, they will not affect anywhere else… like form or table view.

I have used the Description field on the Column to add a brief explanation.

The Description shows up when creating or Editing a record.

Other than my suggestion, I don’t believe that there is anything that the user and click on to get a description of what the purpose of a view is.

But it replaces the name and it comes out in very large print, ideally it would be a balloon or something like that. And it is also very tedious to explain each field, my idea was to explain what is shown and what to buy in each item of the menu. It is also not essential

Sorry Alfredo, AppSheet does not have tool tips or hints.

One work around might be to add a text column that just contains a description of how

to use the view.

It is then as a proposal as functionality to add. It would be very good to also have hidden fields only for the use of the developer, where to comment what it is for and how each slice and each view is implemented, to facilitate future modifications.

Alfredo, that is a different ask…

You can put in detailed description of the app and its view components.

Click on the info link on the left side nav bar.

You will be taken to a screen where you can document your app.

… Documentation tab

Top Labels in this Space