Hello, New Ref table records are being create...

Hello, New Ref table records are being created without the Parent keys values populated.

The associated parent table fields are defined as LIST and have a formula such as: REF_ROWS(“Invoice”, “JobNo”). What triggers populating the parent key value in the child table Ref field?

Thx

0 9 374
9 REPLIES 9

From where did you trigger the child record? From the inline view with the button “New”?

Correct

I think I had this problem before. It might have had something to do with slices? Sorry don’t quite remember.

Or rows that didn’t have unique keys

If your inline view is like gallery view and then you first open that view (from View button), it won’t prefill the ParentID if you open a new record from that view. The case is probably not that if you did it directly from the New button (from inline view).

Hi, The inline views are table views. In each case, users click the ‘New’ button on the inline view to enter a new timesheet etc. The form that appears allows the user to select the appropriate parent record from the dropdown, however this is clearly info that should be populated when the form opens.

Is this happening always?

@Aleksi_Alkio

Hi Aleksi, Problem resolved. I’ve traced the problem back to the list field definition which was combining data from other fields.

Thanks for your helping me work through this.

Gotcha. Glad you were able to find the reason!

Top Labels in this Space