Hello. SMS workflow.... This workflow sends...

Hello.

SMS workflow… This workflow sends SMS at inappropriate times and not yet sure why or how.

Is there a way to search my app for all instances of column [Job Closed] so that I can narrow down the reason for this condition’s false triggering?

0 10 367
10 REPLIES 10

In the Data / Tables tab, click View Data.

You can check them from the audit log. You probably need a formula like… AND(ISNOTBLANK([Job Closed]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Job Closed]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[Job Closed],[Job Closed]=TRUE). Otherwise it will send you the SMS every time when the “Job Closed” is blank.

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks NOT BLANK was the fix but not sure why since the false triggers occurred when editing existing rows that were already set to “opened” or “closed”. This was not an issue for new jobs not yet defined as open or closed.

Either way it now apparently works!

Ques… Does AppSheet offer a way for me to step through and watch a specific column state so I could see when it was toggling and causing the false trigger?

Also, does AppSheet allow me to search and locate all expressions in my entire app that have a specific column in expressions?

Felt like I had no smart way to know where to search for [job closed] expressions. Thanks.

If your Job Closed field is blank, the formula will give you a result TRUE even with the <> evaluation. That’s why you need to use ISNOTBLANK as well.

You can see it from the Audit history. And… I’m afraid there is no smart way to find an expression.

@Aleksi_Alkio got it.

But the field was not blank during false triggers.

Every field in the column was loaded w either open or closed.

FYI Im using text not TRUE/FALSE, could that be a problem?

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks!

was looking for an “emulator” or a live step through to help find problems.

Feels like bowling through a curtain; can’t peak inside to see what I’m aiming for.

It doesn’t matter is it a text or Y/N field. If you have the value as “Opened” and you changed it, it will send the SMS. That’s why you need to add the last statement as well.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks

Translate

@Aleksi_Alkio hi there.

Been using your before and after check for workflows, works great.

As a quick fix to only being fired when an action occurs on the rising edge of a change (false to true) I’ve figured out that dropping in a simple AND does the trick.

The column being monitored for a change is a yes/no button.

Question… Can you explain why the AND ([Service Declined?]=TRUE requires TRUE not FALSE in my expression?

Seems that the expression should be [Service Declined?]=FALSE because I only want the check for change to occur when the button has not yet gone from FALSE to TRUE.

Hope this makes sense.

Top Labels in this Space