Hello Team Just a thought of develop an Appli...

Hello Team Just a thought of develop an Application for tracking Minutes of Meeting for My company and I successfully completed the same. The logic is pretty simple that two tables one for Meeting info and another one for Minutes. Each minutes is an action item and it should be tracked till its completion. The app was great for first meeting. Practically the next meeting will discuss the previous minutes first and new items of any. So logically I canโ€™t duplicate the last meeting minutes for next time. What data structure you guys suggest?

I need your help in this regard.

0 17 497
17 REPLIES 17

@John_Henry_Joseph

Hi John Henry โ€ฆ I think your model should be the following:

Meeting table has one or more Meeting Minutes, and each Meeting Minute has one or more updates.

So you need a 3rd table to capture the Meeting Minute Updates.

Hope this helps.

Mary Jane

If you create an action button with the deep link LINKTOFORM, you can specify which columns you want to copy. Another solution is to use option โ€œCopy this row and edit the copyโ€ for the action button.

Lynn
Participant V

This could be a very useful app.

Click below link to watch a demo video for MoM Tracker on You Tube. youtube.com - MoM Tracker MoM Tracker

@Stephen_Mattison Please watch above demo video and comment.

@Aleksi_Alkio The purpose of this app is maintain the Meeting records electronically and tract the Minutes till its completionโ€ฆkindly watch the videoโ€ฆ above

You know โ€ฆ after giving this more thought, I think I my suggestion was wrong.

I think you need to have a table of Minutes/Action Items.

Then for each Action Item you have one or more meetings where you capture the meeting date, Status and

update/review info etc.

@John_Henry_Joseph Sorry I missed the notification about your cool video, good job, very quick to see what you have done.

What you have looks great. Keep playing with it and I think youโ€™ll have a very useful little app.

Maybe some Actions to make it easy to add new stuff, but Keep it Simple is a good idea. I would not bother with the complications with copying Rows, etc.

All of your MoM and Participants will be listed in the order of your choosing for each Meeting.

When you get your Meeting Report PDF set up, you could easily have your New Meeting Record/Row fetch a Copy of that PDF so you have all data at your fingertips.

And for your Start & Stop times, you could set up StartTime & StopTime buttons that would automatically grab a ChangeTimestamp, this would make building your app a little more complicated, but make using it more simple. What other specific details do you need to figure out?

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanksโ€ฆBut if I do it accordinglyโ€ฆit will create another duplicate copy of the minutes itemโ€ฆ which is not right unfortunatelyโ€ฆas I need to maintain same actions into rwo placesโ€ฆ

Okayโ€ฆ I have misunderstood your request a little.

Soโ€ฆ why donโ€™t you just open the last minute first, change the status if needed and then open a new Minutes?

@Aleksi_Alkio Again problemโ€ฆ If I do thatโ€ฆ I ll not have any minutes for current meetingโ€ฆ

Simply saysโ€ฆa minute can have multiple meetings

@John_Henry_Joseph

Exactly how are you โ€œKeeping/recording your minutesโ€?

Show some Screen captures, more explanation, please.

Are you typing them into one Long text column?

Adding a bunch of โ€œMinutesโ€ child Rows based on real time/ ChangeTimestamp?

Interesting App.

FYI, voice recognition works great in your App, could be used to input your Minutes.

Agree with Stephenโ€ฆ we havenโ€™t understood you completely.

Sureโ€ฆI will share Google account id.

@John_Henry_Joseph

Hi were you able to create meeting minutes application

Top Labels in this Space