Hello There, I am working on an App which re...

Hello There,

I am working on an App which records daily vehicle inspections. There are number of vehicles VEH1, VEH2, VEH3,… and there are number of trailers (carts) TRA1, TRA2, TRA3… that will be towed by the vehicles on a daily basis. The vehicle - trailer combination varies each day. Both Vehicle and Trailers need to be inspected by the driver (App User) everyday.

The challenge is how can we exclude the vehicles and trailers that are inspected by one user, so that the next user cannot choose the same vehicle or the trailer on that day?

Example: (Monday 01/08/2018) User1: Drives VEH1 with TRA1 & TRA2 User2: Drives VEH2 with TRA5 & TRA7 (but accidentally chose TRA2 instead of TRA7 from the drop-down)

How can we stop User2 from saving the data with wrong information (for 01/08/2018)?

Please help.

Much appreciate your support.

Happy App-ing

0 4 329
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Daniel_Veluswamy Have you thought of using scannable NFC tags on the vehicles and trailers?

@Lynn Hi Lynn, it is a great idea, thank you. Any idea how to achieve this pragmatically for the time being.

plus.google.com - TIP OF THE WEEK - Validation Many of you have asked how to add a validation … TIP OF THE WEEK - Validation Many of you have asked how to add a validation … plus.google.com

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you so much. Aleksi to the rescue again. I will try this and let you know the outcome.

Top Labels in this Space