Hello there! I need to ask if is there any ...

Hello there!

I need to ask if is there any option or expression that it can detected what slice is selected and set a value in a column.

For exemple, I have a sheet called “Moviment”, and there is a column called “Type” where I can set the value “Get in” or “Get out”. So I made to slices(one for ‘get in’, and another for ‘get out’) and like this I could make two differents table views for each one. But when I select the plus symbol(+) on the bottom rigth conner, the form always open with both options to choose.

What I want is: when the view is a slice of “get out”, the form auto select “Get out” in the “Type” column, and the same for the slice “get in”.

Is there any way?

0 7 370
7 REPLIES 7

You need to create a form view for that slice and it will open it correctly.

@Aleksi_Alkio But without making a form view, just using the plus symbol in that slice table view, is it possible?

At this moment unfortunately it’s not possible.

Ok. Thank you!

@Aleksi_Alkio I’ve tried to use this expression on the “Type”>“Initial Value”:

“IF(#view=get_in,“Get in”,IF(#view=get_out,“Get Out”, “Default”))”

But it was always setting “Default” when I tried to save it. So I realized that when I clicked on the plus symbol, I just change the slice view for a form view unnamed, and because of it the expression didn’t work.

So, is there a expression to catch the last view name?

Perhaps, it would help me end this problem.

We can’t read view names. The reason why your formula always give “Default” as a result is this… #view=get_in is always FALSE and same with the #view=get_out. Then the only option that you have, is the “Default”.

Ok. Thank you again!

Top Labels in this Space